Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Sound of Silence

Silence is a sound.


I wasn't able to talk for a few days due to sore throat. Right after the previous post, I couldn't mutter a single word. It was excruciatingly difficult. I couldn't do simple things like singing along to the radio, giggling, saying hi, saying bye.

I never really realized how much I actually talked until I couldn't. I never imagined that it would affect me the way it did.

I was desperate to say something. Oh yes I was.

I was desperate to hear
me.


Still, in the midst of silence, I learned a valuable lesson.


Be still and know that I am God


Struck me hard. I've forgotten to be still.


Those quiet moments.

Have you ever had those quiet moments? When you just like being with someone to the extend that no words are necessary. Being with that someone is enough as it is.Perfect. In complete silence.


Be still and know that I am God



Silence ain't that bad after all. ^_^


Thankfully, I can talk now. Husky voice la. I was so glad I could talk again I couldn't stop talking after I could talk. My roommate thought I've gone mad. I was singing and talking and making sound effects.



No comments: