Friday, March 20, 2009

If anyone ask me

what is important in any relationship,

I would say...

room for emotions.


Everyone has emotions. Different emotions at different points of time.

For example, if someone close to me were to passed away, I will be sad. I need at that particular moment, to feel sad. You cannot not feel anything because then you wouldn't be human. It's just a matter of how long or short you get over the sadness.

Or if I expect certain things, and circumstances don't go my way, I would be disappointed. I may well recover from it, but until I do, I would really appreciate if those around me gave me room to feel disappointed, to understand my disappointment, and to let me heal from my disappointment at my own time.


There's no point getting upset with someone for what she/he feels. Feelings are part of who we are. Everyone has a right to feel. Others would just have to be understanding and not breathe down on the person's neck, telling them how they should feel or what they should feel.


Just a thought.



No comments: